Bacteria, the Elderly, and Life Insurance (Dining Room A/B)
*Catherine Bush: Analysis of New Rehabilitation Interventions for Elderly Stroke Victims with Upper Limb Hemiparesis
Briana Bell: The Growth of Bacteria on Door Handles in John Jay, and the Use of Clorox Disinfecting Wipes Vs. Method Spearmint Antibacterial Bathroom Cleaner
*Monica DeLuca: The Financial Impact of Genetic Testing within Life Insurance
Anissa Gamble: Hockey’s Micro Enforcers
Respondents: Melissa Radovich & Emily Raab
Educational Challenges (Dining Room C)
Sarajane Gracey: Central Alexia
*Brian Murone: Health Insurance Literacy Among Undergraduate Students
Toni Priore: Dyslexia: Much More Than a Reading Impairment
David Whittier: The Challenges Faced by Non-Traditional Students In a Traditional University Curriculum
*Kenda Slis: Engineering a Future
Respondents: Kenneth Fugagli & Holden Thee
Organizational Communication Panel Discussion (Pennsylvania Suite)
Sponsored by Lambda Pi Eta
Panelists: Tiffany Keffalas, Megan Barber, Anne Spewak, and Alyx Evans
Lunch, 12:45-1:35 pm
Lunch will be served in the reception area
SESSION 2, 1:45- 2:35 pm
Dean's Choice Panel I (SCIS, SBUS, & SNHS) (Dining Room A/B)
*Lucas Carter: Level Up: Making a Feature Film
Melissa DeRosa: Yahve Jire Children's Foundation Marketing Campaign
David Grubic: eSports
Sarah Guerrier: How Health Professionals Can Rise to the Challenge and Combat PTSD Alongside Our Veterans
Amanda Potasnik & Taylor Gall: The Effect of Weight Change on Standard Uptake Values in Positron Emission Tomography
Respondent: Dale Miller
Public Relations in a Crisis: Cars, Corporations, & Wardrobe Malfunctions (Dining Room C)
Anthony DeSimone: Beware if you “Buckle Up”: Takata Corporation’s Vehicle Airbag Crisis
Anne Spewak: Omission of Emissions: Volkswagen’s Failure to Maintain Public Relations Excellence
Dounia Zinbi & Marie-Sophie Heine: Multinational Corporations: Pressure to Perform
Katherine Lehman, Maria Mastrocesare, & Gina Pratt: Entertainment Public Relations
Take Me Out to the Ballgame ( Pennsylvania Suite)
Matthew Gornall: When Do Returns On Pitchers Start to Diminish
*Luke Phillips: Capping the Game: A Look at the Feasibility and Effectiveness of a Salary Cap in Major League Baseball
Daniel Rucci: Fenway Park: Baseball's Past in the Present
Respondent: Kenneth Fugagli
Clients in the Classroom Panel Discussion ( International B)
Panelists: Clint Speer, Jess Friss, Paul Schink, Anna Hartwell, and Daniel Doyle
SESSION 3, 2:45- 3:35 pm
Engineering & Green Projects (Dining Room A/B)
*Lauren Walk: Manipulation of Iron Oxide Powder Suspended in a Hydrogel
Travis Hunter: Use of Thermochromic Paint to Reduce Building Energy Consumption
Kevin Needer: Wind Turbine on Billboards
Jonathan Bach: Solar Mailbox Design and Fabrication
Joseph Vaerewyck: Acoustic Analog Model of the Casimir Effect
Respondent: Theodore Schuman
Diversity & Public Opinion Case Study Panel Discussion (Dining Room C)
Panelists: Nicki Cillie, Jessica Wright, Danielle McGuire, and Sarah Sams
Earn, Spend, Donate (Pennsylvania Suite)
*Tara Dillan: Student Spending and Impulsivity
*Matt Scolieri: Profiting from Intellectual Property: A Mobile Application
*Evyn Selden: A Program Evaluation of the Nonprofit Organization: The Global Sisterhood, Inc
*Madison Kozlowski: Walt Disney World Organizational Structure and Customer Service
Adrea Sustarsic & Geno Taglione: Factors Contributing to High Involvement in Cause Related Marketing Campaigns
Respondents: Megan Gold, Meghan Ruth, & Deja Hopkins
Society, Violence, & Injury: Social Science Perspectives (International Suite B)
Damian Di Florio, Aubrey Leasure, & Kendall Noel: Systemic Racism: An Inquiry on the Roles of Ethnocentrism and Racism in Relations Between the U.S. and Middle East
Katie Bell: Violent Video Games and Youth
*Diane Gorog: Psychology of Injury Knowledge Among Injury Rehabilitation Specialists
*Amber Pramann: Rape Myths Revisited: Looking at Rape through the Lens of Religiosity
Emily Kiss: Equal Pay for Equal Work?
Respondents: Dale Miller & Melissa Radovich
SESSION 4, 4:00- 4:45 pm
Dean's Choice Panel II (SESS & SEMS) (Dining Room A/B)
Jordan Neusch: Perceptions and Knowledge: A Study of Former Pennsylvania High School Students’ Mental Health Education
Joshua Caskey: The Biography of George Catlett Marshall, Jr.
Jessie Kaczmarek: Antimicrobial Additive Manufacturing
*Isaac Swink: Novel Orthosis Manufacturing Methodology
Respondent: Meghan Ruth
Mobile Security Threats: How Safe Is Our Data? (Pennsylvania Suite)
Panelists: John Weingartner, Sarah Pfabe, Jayson Phouthavong, Aaron Steinberg, & Brandon Adams
Economics, Politics, and Criminal Justice (International Suite B)
Sponsored by the RMU Political Science Club
Bradley Irwin: Freedom and Security
Aaron Sims: The Chinese Economic Slow Down: The Facts and How to Fix the Issue
Robert McGlennon: The Prison System in America: A Complex Problem
Patrick Lawrence: The American Mythology as Portrayed by the Comic Book Superhero
Respondent: Alexis Walker
POSTERS, 3:35- 4:45 pm
Enjoy the many poster presentations set up in the International Suite
- Sarah Szczotka "Autism Caused by Creatine Synthesis and Transport Deficiencies and Thiomersal"
- Nicki Cillie & Samantha Sektnan "Communication in Relationships: Romantic versus Friends with Benefits"
- *Kyle Hinchberger "Linear Oscillating Energy Generation"
- *Matthew Corkery "Retirement Income in the Twenty-First Century: An Analysis of Public Pension Systems Around the World"
- Casey McAndrew "Prefabricated Passive Panels'"
- *Katrina Buchanan "Writing Revolution: Telling the Deborah Sampson Story"
- Taylor Walters "Anxiety & Stress in College Students"
- Rebecca Hall "Genetic Counseling and Testing"
- Monica DeLuca "The Cultural Dialect of Lace"
- Emily Zikoski, Megan Barber, Ashley Domachowski, & Yaser Kattoah "Celebrity Endorsements on Twitter"
- *Deryn Martin "A Case for Redesigning Ice Hockey Equipment for Women: Addressing Safety, Comfort, and Attitude toward Shopping"
- Angela Frey "The Dangerous Long Term Effects of Wearing High Heels"
- Andrew Hardison "An Investigation of Geometric Effects of a Vertical-Downward Elbow on Two-Phase Flow"
- Shannon Lynch "The Effect Vibrating Message Systems Have on the Retrieval of Food from a Restaurant Kitchen by Food Servers"
- Ryan Jacobs "Jacob's Ladder"
- Eric Racan "The Evolution of Reader's Identity Through the History of Comic Books"
- *Andrew Scheidemantel "An Investigation of Mandibular Replacement Techniques"
- Nicole Marcink "The Importance and Relevance of Homeopathy in Healthcare"
*Honors Senior Thesis