Revitalizing Traditional Iroquois Names (Dining Room A/B)
Panelists: Shawn Reese & Jay Koller Revitalizing Traditional Iroquois Names: Transcribing the Work of Charles A. Cooke
Shawn Reese: A Portrait of Cooke’s Manuscript: The Cultural and Educational Value of Archival Transcription
Health and Biology (Dining Room C)
Lauren Roberts: Procalcitonin
As A Possible Future Biomarker for Bacterial Infections
Carley Padgett: Restless Leg Syndrome in
Pregnancy: A Systematic Review
Anne Kandray: Exploring the Change in Knowledge
Level of Undergraduate Nursing Students at Robert Morris University in Conjunction
with a Foundations of Nursing Practice Course
Respondents: George Maldonado & Kayce Craday
Financial Collapse & Taxes (International A)
Alexander Olijar: The Relationship between
Government Revenue and the Income Tax Rate
James Rankin: Sarbanes-Oxley: America’s
Ellen Martin: Looking Through the Smoke:
Electronic Cigarettes and Taxation
Jordan Frazier: The Financial Collapse: An
Respondents: Isaac Swink & Joe Sadaka
Experience & Culture (International C)
Gabriella Gasparich: Analyzing
Cultural and Experiential Factors Influencing Undergraduate American and
Randi Jackson: African-Americans
in the University: The Journey to Higher Education
Neusch: A Misrepresentation: The Muslim American
Hage:A Sacred-Profane Dichotomy: Space, Time, and Nature
Respondents: Jenna Hidinger & Kelly Weaver
Undergraduate Leadership Opportunities and Growth (Pennsylvania Suite)
Mikulan, Emily Murray, Mark Polcha, Stephanie Moore, Philippe Rigaud, Brittany
Kusinar, Jaclyn Wilson
SESSION 2 LUNCH & POSTERS, 12:50- 2:00 pm
Enjoy refreshments and the many poster presentations set up in International B and Boardroom B
- Keri Potter "What are the Determinants of Student Success in College Courses?"
- Sarah Robb, Mukui Mutunga, & Stephanie Abbott "Case Study on the Educational Efficacy of an Intensive Research Based Science Summer Program"
- Michael Ortenza "Forming a Romantic Relationship: What Component Stands Out?"
- Lindsey Gasper "Who is that in the Mirror? Body Image and Eating Disorders in Dancers"
- Kayla Newman "Social Impact Bonds: Funding for Social Profit Organizations as Explored through the Public Library System"
- Jessica Lageurre-Joseph "Images of African American Women in Today's Society and its Impact on the Black Community"
- Jocelyn Bordo & Jacob Gruber "The Paper Clip "
- Melanie Lowrie "Historic Glassware: Material, Decoration, and Social Status"
- Hannah Arnold "LEGO Around the World"
- Karina Sanchez "Achill Island, Ireland: An Archaeological Experience"
- Brittany Kusniar "Common Meteorological Features of Mid-Atlantic and Ohio Valley Synoptic High Wind Events"
- Tabitha Maurer "Evidence-Based Anterior Cruciate Ligament Orthopedic Special Tests Vs. Gold Standard in Clinical-Based Practice"
- Philippe Rigaud "The Development, Testing, and Design of a New Strategy Board/Card Game"
- Tanner Sebastina & Raymond Sims "Dramaturgy: The Theatre Career You Haven't Heard Of"
- Adehl Schwaderer "Green Energy Advertising"
Board Room B
- Garnet Brown "Testing the Effects of Chemicals on Bacterial Growth and GFP Expression"
- Danielle Scheunemann & Stephanie Clark "RMU Identification of Bacteria Using Molecular Techniques"
- Josh Leipheimer, Devon Ceario, & Luke Zearing "Adaptation of Neural Interface Technology to Mentally Activate a Light Bulb"
- Alexandra McDonald "Post Processing of CNC code for a 3D Printer"
- Jeremiah Heasley, Kendra Slis, Devin Kiska, & Abel Azanaw "Development of Prosthetic Fingertips for Improved Touch Screen Interactions"
- Alexandra Deines "Investigation of Compatible Materials for Touchscreen Interactions"
- Andrew Trapp "Freedom of Interaction: A Case for the Creation of Touch Screen-Compatible Prostheses "
SESSION 3, 2:00- 2:50 pm
Storytelling and Local History in Southwest Pennsylvania (Dining Room A/B)
James, Roman Toth, Rachel Fawley, Andre Sontag, Laura
& Profiting from Pro Sports (Dining Room C)
Ludwiczak: Understanding Sportsbook Behavior and How to
Hartman: The Financial Impact of Tommy John Surgery: The Actuarial Value
of Major League Baseball Pitchers
Romano: Using Historical Quantitative Data to Rank Football Players in a
Fantasy Football Atmosphere
Lawler: The Moneyball Application: A Statistical
Analysis of Women's Lacrosse
Respondents: Deryn Martin & Nick Buzzelli
Military & Health Care Technology (International A)
Sarah Robb, Derrick Wells, Josh Leipheimer, & Nicole Stone: Developing a Low-Cost Otoscope for Developing Countries Using a Non-traditional Power Source
Thomas: IT Governance Case Study
Mazar: The Benefits of Electronic Health Records in Health Care
Motivation & Television (International C)
Cave, Justin Fuss, & Jacob Cimba: The Cable Industry:
Discovery Communications, Inc.
Copeman: Exploring Differences in Concentration Levels
While Playing Games
Martin: Back to the Future Part 4: Motivation for the
Respondents: William Bliss & Sara Dinwiddie
To This Panel & Retire Early! (Pennsylvania Suite)
Khalequzzaman: Life Insurance Pricing Competition and
Siwik: Retirement Education: A Necessity for Today’s College
Klus: An Intuitive Understanding of Social Security
Respondents: Mark Polcha, Trisha Brandt, Molly Watterson, Evyn Selden, & Emory Sen
SESSION 4, 3:00- 4:00 pm
Sustainability (Dining Room A/B)
Sarah Burns: The Feasibility of an Anaerobic Digestion System at Robert Morris University
Panelists: Carly Maloney, Shanice Cook, Gabriella Gasparich (RMU)
Recycle. Maintain. Unite. A Comprehensive Study of Recycling at RMU
Psyche & Society (Dining Room C)
Eyler: Collective Guilt: German Culture and Identity Since 1945
Tinik: Examining the Factors Associated with Recidivism
Scolieri: Why Give? Researching Philanthropic Causes
Egnacheski: Stay a Kid
Respondent: Evyn Selden
in Sports (International A)
Smith: Sustainability: A Whole New World of Sports
Deines, Dan Mignogna, Derrick Wells, & Margaret Harden: Concussion
Detection System for Grade School Athletes
Sarsfield: The Relationship Between Athletics and Business:
Using Management Tools to Guide a Team Captain to Success
Garofalo: Professional Athletes on Social Media
Respondents: William Bliss, Deryn Martin, George Maldonado, & Emory Sen
Creative Process (International C)
Landon: Production and Performance of Glengarry Glen
Wilson: Mathography: The Creative Process of Combining
Mathematics and Photography into an Activity Book for Middle School Students
Noal: A Changing Society: The Strip District in the 1800s
Respondents: Sara Dinwiddie & Cheryl McMaster